Monday, 20 October 2014

Kids Clothes Week - Oct 2014

It's been weeks since I have been in this space. Lots of work, mega amounts of sewing for an ice show , school holidays....too much to write about .  I signed on late to the Kids Clothes Week  which starts today - prompted by many pairs of leggings with holes in the knees that need replacing. The theme is storybook but I haven't had any particular inspiration on this yet , maybe later in the week.

My first project was a T - shirt hack job


This favourite long sleeved T - now too short in the body and arms, became a tunic/dress

 
Complete with cute little side seam pockets I found a tutorial on pinterest for.
The coordinating floral fabric was just a lucky match from my stash - yes eating into that pile!
I used the stripe from the body of the top to line the pockets and shortened the sleeves to 3/4 for cooler spring days.
 
 
 

I then drafted a leggings pattern off an old pair - not really going with the dress but G is happy.

G was off school with the tail end of a vomiting illness and luckily was entertained with a French knitting spool I had - she spent hours making a scarf for each of her dolls
 


So I did lots of cutting and made a second outfit that she is wearing in the picture - no other photos yet - more tomorrow.


No comments: