Thursday, 23 October 2014

Day 4 KCW - fox cape

Today's cape is supposed to be a fox - inspired by the childrens book - Rosie's walk


It is made using the Oliver and S cape pattern ( from the book Little things to Sew by Liesl Gibson)


The outer fabric is orange needle cord - more of a pumpkin colour orange than it looks in the photo
With linen for the cream parts. The lining is a patchwork mix of cottons from my stash ( the greys are from the adorn it range ) it's a light weight, spring /summer cape.


I used black buttons for eyes and hand embroidered the whiskers on , because it looked like a deer according to G.


here's what the lining is like, it takes a surprising amount of fabric to make - 2 metres lining , which is why I did different fabrics as I did not have enough of any one colour in my stash. Aside from the many seams (7 panels in the body for both the lining and main colour ) it's a super easy sewing project.


No comments: