Tuesday, 6 May 2014

April Making

It's a picture heavy post today, over a month of living and making. The April blur was 10 days of work straight , followed by a 6 day trip to Singapore , school holidays, and a few days in bed with the Flu - all of which meant I didn't get much sewing in. But I did get around to making two Bimaa tops for G - love this pattern so quick and easy.




Version 1 is a soft European jersey knit I bought on Etsy, G's favourite because it is so comfortable to wear. Both versions have the same cowl neck which is really popular but I can see a hoodie version for the 3rd version.



The 2nd one ( excuse the blurry night time shot) is made of a thick cotton sweatshirt material from my local fabric shop and I think will be a good winter basic. It is more a tomato red than the pink it looks in this shot.


The rest of our making has been more of the craft variety - this is potato print paper for gift wrapping.

The Singapore trip was by myself - so easy to travel alone after our Feb trip in which we passed through Singapore for 2 nights, jet lagged and struggling with the heat after winter in Europe. I really enjoyed Singapore - I did a little fabric browsing in the Chinese district ( got the chambray I had been looking for - yay), checked out the trendy Haji Lane and local design shops, visited the spectacular Gardens by the Bay and bought 15m of Curtain fabric at Ikea - what was I thinking! Now I have to make it up - on the May sewing list but may take a while longer to get around to it.








Now I am on pinterest looking for denim tunic ideas - liking some of the Toast ones - especially the Brigette.

1 comment:

cloves corner said...

Love the cowl neck; actually one of my favorite styles for myself (although I only own two). It always amazes me that you can bop on over to Singapore. Very cool.