Saturday, 14 December 2013

Same shirt 3 ways

I have a favourite work top, a designer label I paid way too much for but I love - a t shirt that is dressy enough to wear to work but comfortable and doesn't need ironing. But it's getting a little tired looking , so after looking for a new one - and neither liking any or their price tags I decided to have a go at cutting a pattern off mine - and yes success -finally! I have had a few fails on the clothing front for me so to start I used a cheap green knit from my stash to make an everyday one before I cut into the expensive fabenmix knit I have.


The deer print is a piece of cotton I screen printed at Handmade 2013 in Wellington earlier in the year. I am into green at the moment so have worn this quite a bit already.



This is definitely my favourite, lovely Fabenmix knit I bought off etsy - I made the arm a little shorter and the fabric is a bit thicker and I think sits better.


Then because the pattern is so quick to make with only 2 pieces I had a play around with the scraps and made myself a third one, I like this but don't think it is as flattering as the other two for some reason. The edges are all just overlocked and then turned under and stitched with a double needle - easy. Now I am thinking of extending the sleeve for a long sleeved version as well.

No comments: