Tuesday, 22 October 2013

KCW day2 - Sailboat top

I have had this striped knit and the sailboat pattern sitting in a pile waiting to be made for 6 months - long enough that it only just fits in the size I had traced the pattern in. Sewing knit is not my favourite but it came together ok

 
Turns out photographing the fine stripe at night is not so easy , it looks better in real life.
 
The pattern (link here) was easy to follow, as Oliver and S patterns are, I took a bit of width out of the sleeves but that was the only modification. It's a roomy fit on my very petite girl but I think would be good on most kids.
 
While I was sewing Georgie found a use for the million small buttons I have.
 
 
I have yet to decide on tomorrows sewing- maybe a sailboat skirt in Denim?
 
 

2 comments:

Marina said...

I love both the KCW things you've made Lisa. The stripey top looks great and the buttons really set it off....

Pienkel said...

What a lovely top! Very cute yet classic. And you made so many garments this week, wow...