Wednesday, 23 October 2013

KCW day 3 - Mustard and Grey

Mustard and Grey is a colour combination I love, I'm probably not on trend any more as it's been in magazines etc for ages. I own lots of grey clothing and tried on a mustard cardigan myself a little while ago - sadly it looked terrible on me. So I decided to make my child wear this combo instead.

 
The top is a blossom blouse from Meg McElwee,s book: Sew Liberated - 20 stylish patterns for the modern sewist (link here)...., the skirt is an Oliver and S Sail boat skirt (link here).

The skirt is a scrap of cotton sateen from a winter dress and the top fabric is from the Zen Chic range from Moda that I purchased from Stitchbird fabrics in Wellington ( fantastic range online too!)

 
One of the down sides to a free day to sew alone, is that I tend to upsize everything without my model to try them on. As a result everything today has plenty of room for growth. Note to self when cutting out tomorrow - check pattern on clothing that currently fits.
I have also learnt that skirts and dresses need pockets so I have been instructed to include them on whatever I make tomorrow.
 
 
Apparently modelling is tiring and models need frequent carrot breaks.

2 comments:

Katy McRae said...

Love mustard and grey. LOVE that top fabric. I am in awe of your ability to whip up kids' clothes. I bought that 'Sewing for Boys' book over a year ago now . . . and I'm yet to sew anything from it!

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

Fantastic outfit and a very obliging magicians rabbit.