Wednesday, 28 August 2013

August

The Blossoms on our street are out, spring is here whether we like it or not.
August has turned into a blur of skating, sewing skiing and work.
I have been sewing spring clothes out of this Japanese sewing book

 
I made pattern B
 

 
I like the details , like the gather on the sleeve.
 
I made a couple of modifications - binding the sleeve rather than elastic cuffs and I shaped the bottom hem a little. Unfortunately it is really a size too big so my sister is going to end up with this top, but there are several other patterns in this book I like so I will try the next top in a smaller size.


Our other news is Otto ( Othello.)

 

He arrived late last week, he is a very cheeky 4 month old Burmese/Mandalay cross kitten . I haven't done any sewing or knitting since he arrived but I think it may be a challenge, might have to shut him in another room while I sew as he likes to play.

He is desperate to get outside but needs a bit of time to settle in before I let him go outdoors. It's like having a toddler in the house again - playing in the curtains, chewing things...mmm what was I thinking!

1 comment:

Lyndy at Stitchbird said...

Otto is gorgeous! I don't think I would be doing any sewing either if he was around.