Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Making Plans

Do you make new years resolutions?


I like the new year , it feel like a fresh start - much like Monday mornings.

Last year I mulled over what I wanted out of 2012 and never really came up with a plan.  I sort of ambled my way through 2012, did a lot of making , work stuff, the odd holiday and here we are on the last day of 2012.

Now my head is whirring, I have lots of ideas for 2013 - too many to fit in around work and everyday life stuff.  My work schedule is changing from regular days to blocks of more intense work - I think better because I get bigger blocks of time between work stints.

I know generally what I want for 2013
- A white Christmas ( maybe dreaming about this one)
- to get fitter ( no plan in 2012 made for all time poor fitness level!)
- more organised - ha I think this every year
-  to do a photography course

I've also been thinking about my blog - I started it as motivation to do more making, it's worked but now I'm not sure where it fits in my life.  I like to read other peoples blogs and so it feels right in return that I  write something, even if I only have a very small following. I partly write as a record of my making and Georgie's growing up . My blog also keeps me accountable - when I say I will do something there is more motivation to do so.


"Adventure is just bad planning" and " Victory awaits him who has everything in order - luck people call it. Defeat is certain for him who has neglected to take the necessary precautions in time; this is called bad luck" Roald Amundsen - Antartic Adventurer ( 1872 - 1928)

Tonight I'm going to sleep on these thoughts and tomorrow make a plan.

1 comment:

tricia said...

Good luck with that plan :-)

For me this year is going to be very much about getting fit and reducing debt. It doesn't sound like much fun - but I'm thinking I just need to focus on these things for a while.

Happy New Year :-)