Sunday, 23 September 2012

Spring sewing frenzie

Finally some sucess in sewing for myself: I made another skirt in the denim - simplicity2152

 
Way better than the last sewing disaster.
 
I made the short version but made it about 5cm longer as I hate when your skirt rides up when sitting and I want to wear this to work so like it this length.
 
I then made another simplicity pattern 2474 - a dress
 
 
 
Not quite so sure about this one - I think I could have made a size smaller as it was very sack like - so I put a couple of darts in the back.  I love this fabric but think it might be a bit much in the dress.  I am thinking of makeing the left overs into a skirt using the pattern above which might be better, Anyway the idea is to throw this on over my bathing suit - Georgie and I are off on a little beach holiday soon - so I'm having a sewing burst.
 
Next up - a sun hat for Georgie.

No comments: