Monday, 10 September 2012

Skirt blooper

Every now and then I have a complete sewing failure and this skirt is one of them.

Enter Burda style skirt pattern 118 from May 2012.

 
 
the issue : wrong fabric
I feel like I am wearing a bell, it just sticks out in the most unflatterning fashion.  It's a midweight denim type fabric that I thought was soft enough to drape - duh, wrong.  I haven't finished it because I know I won't wear it.
 
The pattern was quite straight forward aside from the totally impossible to interpret zip instructions - yay for people who blog about their sewing - I found a few sets of great zip instructions - and some very nice examples of this skirt - take it from me - in fabric that drapes it looks very nice.

What is most annoying is that I spent quite a lot of time on the details:


See - liberty lined pockets , contrasting topstitching.

When I have recovered from feeling bitter about this skirt I may try again in a softer fabric, but I think I need to make something else first . I have in mind a very simple dress from a simplicity pattern - easy instructions!


No comments: