Monday, 7 May 2012

Dortje pants

I made these as the final sewing item in the kids clothes week challenge but just never got around to blogging about them.  partly because I was busy with extra work and partly because I was a bit frustrated with them - I cut two left fronts and had to piece a right together out of scraps (hence green tape hiding seam around leg!). Also the pockets aren't level - only discovered that when I took the photo and lastly they don't actually fit - arggh.  Not that bad tho as they are just too big so will fit next winter.  This is what happens when you don't measure your child and just make the size bigger or maybe I made 2 sizes bigger?

Anyway they still look ok




Thankfully the pockets actually look fine on and you don't notice they are uneven, you have to trust me that despite being big they don't look as shapeless as they do lying flat in the photo. They were an upcycle of an old pair of my stretch jeans and 2 floral tea towels so hopefully will wear well. 

Now I am just working the energy up to acutally measure Georgie and make another pair that fit.

3 comments:

Helena, Craft and Creativity said...

Love the detail with the cherries! :)

Life with Kaishon said...

Wow. Those are so cute. What a great project.

Jan said...

So cute!