Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Easter Action

Easter this year came with 5 days of glorious sun.

We stayed home and hung out with visiting friends, I had an "unplugged " weekend, enjoying their company, hardly even got my camera out.  There was lots of great local single track mt biking - sooo good.

I've also got back into Bikram (hot) yoga - explains the low profile on my blog, I have a total love /hate relationship with Bikram yoga .( its a type of yoga done in a room heated to about 38 -40 degrees C) It feels so great when you finish and you are much more flexible in the heat but in the midst of a class can feel really bad!). I've been 2 or 3 times a week for the past few weeks and starting to feel the benefits but its a 20 min drive each way and 90 minutes of class so it eats into my craft time. I have however managed to get out my knitting and am close to one arm finished on G's new cardigan and then only one to go.

 Georgie got to hangout with her little friend lots and we had a few late nights so the past day or so she has done lots of down time at home with lots of drawing.


We've also had our neighbours cat coming to hang out, great as with a cat allergic father Georgie gets some pet time .

Baxter the cat inspired this fantastic picture - complete with words -  no help from me at all.



We also did some fun Easter baking and made these "birds nest biscuits" which I saw over at  the crafty cow. ( highly rate this site for craft ideas for kids)  They only had jumbo jelly beans at the local shop so we made some using M&M's as well, little mini jelly beans in a cluster would have looked good.



And of course fine weather was a good excuse to break out the scooter.


Hope you had a good Easter.

1 comment:

Helena, Craft and Creativity said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter! :) Love those biscuits! :)