Sunday, 22 January 2012

Birth Party - Circus theme

Today we had a 5th birthday party. 


Some new Birthday Bunting I made was part of this years decorations along with the above paper bunting.




Even though it was a cold day we had lots of fun, I had someone face paint all the kids and we took photos using this prop I bought on trademe.


then there was the party food.

Jelly oranges were a hit with the kids




as was the cake





Again another cake from the Donna Hay Kids magazine, vanilla cakes with butter cream between each one, looks impressive but actually just 2 cake batches divided in tins and a lot of icing and food colouring.  Haven't yet mastered the perfect fondant icing but working on it.

1 comment:

rebekah @ justfordaisy said...

What a lovely party! My daughter's first birthday I made a layer cake... come take a look on my blog... I love that you made a small gift for each child not this silly elaborate lolly bags etc. I'm now following your lovely blog! :) Look forward to reading more, please come visit at Just For Daisy :) x