Thursday, 10 November 2011

Sew out of Season

It's Spring here - cool mornings ,warm sunny days , but here I am sewing a flannel nightie.  Georgie saw her cousins night wear when we stayed there for a couple of nights last week and wanted a nightie instead of pj's.  When we were in Spotlight she saw this flannel in a heart print.  So yesterday I took advantage of a rainy day at home and made this little number.


Sorry about the back view - uncooperative model.  The pattern is from Sew Liberated ( see here )- Meg McElwee's book - I used the blossom blouse pattern and just made it longer and omitted the elastic in the back .  Literally took me about 30 minutes to make.  There are lots of really easy patterns in this book - it's one of the few I have found I use often and most patterns are really easy.
I plan to make a blouse and a dress using the same pattern - and now there is a request for a summer nightie too!

No comments: