Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Set of four

Slowly, between other projects, over the last month I've worked on completing a set of table mats - the first of which I made (earlier post here) in October.



I re made the binding on the first one as it was terrible to make and I wasn't very happy with the corners.  This method was way easier, I made a straight bias and handstitched at the back as it was easier to get a tidy finish.  They weren't hard but with all the hand stitching they were time consuming - they were starting to play on my mind getting in the way of xmas sewing I have planned. How come November has come so quickly? - I always have good intentions to start xmas stuff earlier but looks like a December rush coming up.

1 comment:

meg said...

These are gorgeous! I've never tried the reverse applique thing before, looks a little tricky... or maybe it's just regular applique? Either way they're lovely.