Last week Georgie asked if I could please make her a new dress to wear to her Granny's birthday - a reasonable request I thought so I made the kimono modkid pattern up that I had planned as spring sewing.
It was a great pattern ( 2 evenings of sewing - would be quicker if you buy bias rather than make as I did)although I think makes up quite roomy. I made the size 5 and what I thought were 3/4 sleeves as I made them shorter than the pattern -and they are still almost full length. Although G is not quite 5 and is petite I was hoping for room for growth which we definately have. The sash pulls it in heaps so it is still wearable but next time I will make it the same length but a smaller size.
However big may be good as it might be a while before she decides it is wearable and I might even get a photo of it on!