Tuesday, 13 September 2011

I Love Art


After buying Mariah Bruehl's book Playful learning ( check out her blog here for great ideas) I have been trying to organise all our art supplies to firstly make them more accessible for G and also tidy them up as well as make them easier to keep tidy.  Here is a before and after of the art corner


Not too bad but the drawers did not really work and the paper just ended up all piled over the table. G never went into the drawers much either.


I've bought 2 little cupboards and a caddy for the pencils.  The caddy is great and so I also got a similar box to put other craft supplies which is mobile too and sits on the shelf on the larger unit.



I left the caddy sitting on the table as it was rainy yesterday, G immediately got up and did a collage and then asked me to help her spell out the words I Love Art with the alphabet stickers across the top. I got the supplies mainly from the warehouse but intend to keep an eye out for things in thrift shops like old buttons and sewing trim etc which are a bit more interesting (and greener). It's still a work in progress as I haven't yet found a good paper storage solution but have a few ideas and I want to do some labels with words/pictures etc.

1 comment:

Baby By The Sea said...

Nice job with the reinvention of the art corner and creating a space that leaves materials within reach of your girls. I struggle with an unfinished work storage system. So many, ''No! I'm still working on that ones" clutter the space some days and make it hard to work.
Nice job.