Sunday, 7 August 2011

Way too big

One finished beanie - but it is way too big - for anyone in our house


And no it doesn't have ears - thats just the ornaments sitting on the sideboard in the background.


It fits my head in the crown but the band is too big and it's too long but not long enough to turn up the ribbing. I didn't get around to putting flowers on it - still wondering if I can fix it.  I'm not in the mood to unpick it and was trying to work out if I could somehow run it in with the sewing machine or overlocker?? Arrgh - very annoying.  I don't think I can blame it all on the tension - actually I think I knitted an adult pattern but since I photocopied it from a library book and did not copy all the pages - anything could have gone wrong. Tomorrow might have to include a trip to the library to get the book out again.

G thought it was funny and played dress up's in it for a while so at least someone is enjoying it.

I was too cross to attempt anymore craft today so instead we made a house from a patchwork quilt and the drying rack.


I made the quilt a few years ago using free discontinued furnishing fabric samples with a polar fleece back - it has been great as durable and was quick and easy to sew.

1 comment:

The Hobbit said...

Perhaps if you run yarn,maybe where the green meets the pink, tie it tightly and place a flower to the side of the knot, it would shorten the length of the hat.Nice job