Thursday, 25 August 2011

Timely Arrival

In a week where we have all been a bit tired and grumpy, extra work, the youngest member of the family home with a fever... this parcel of books arrived in the post.


All ordered a few weeks ago when fishpond, the online book store had a big special with 20-40% off lots of new publications and free postage ( yes another weakness along with my shoe collection and fabric stash - the craft books selection in our house is starting to increase).

I had been reading the playful learning blog and looking at some of Mariah's great ideas here
and had starting looking at the art suppplies and how I had organzied them -which was not working very well so her book was a timely arrival.

I have got as far as getting a caddy to organise all the pencils and craft tools in but will post the before and after of G's art space next week when it's had a revamp.


This is actually going to be my new sewing space but when she saw a clear desk this morning G jumped at the chance to do some art. The caddy is proving to be great as so easy to change location and works well.

The little book on the desk and the one she is writing in above are book necklaces I saw in a resource in the Playful learning book called http://www.bookmakingwithkids.com/

G also did this fantastic mermaid drawing which I popped in a frame and is sitting on my new sewing table.

No comments: