Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Two finished projects

In a productive burst last night I finished 2 projects.  Firstly the hooded vest for G - so glad to finish that one - only to find this morning that it is enormous on her - ha, I could have had another year to finish it! She can wear it but it will probably fit better next year. No pictures of it on - she wasn't  in the mood at all to have a photo taken this morning .  A little over knitting after this effort, wasn't supposed to be a hard pattern but I struggled even sewing it together and think some seams I unpicked 3 times to get it to sit correctly.



The other project was a skirt I started last week at sewing  - very happy with this as I cut the pattern of another one I have and this new one is a great fit too.  A line style with stretch waist band, the fabric doesn't look much in photo but is really nice Japanese print that has been in my stash for about a year waiting to be made up.  I also lined it - usually I am too lazy but since I was at sewing class I was on best behaviour .  I am acutally most pleased about the fact that I managed to do a rolled edge on the lining with my overlocker - with minimal swearing and get a good finish - yeh, finally getting a grip with how to use it.


 Another snowy day here and childcare all closed so hoping to get some sewing done this afternoon as 2 birthday parties for niece and another little friend coming up .

2 comments:

becoming claudine said...

Hooray! Both of those are wonderful projects!

I am curious was projects you are planning from Sew Liberated...it is such a great book!

The Awakened Heart said...

That's a gorgeous skirt.I love Japanese fabric - I keep drooling over it online. I am just a newbie to sewing and so far, everything has had wonky hems, lol!
I love the pinafore dresses too - very cute. Maybe you could do a tutorial about your new applique techniques. So far, I'm just doing the iron on and sew around the edge version.