Sunday, 31 July 2011

On my needles

This week became a bit crazy - school holidays, snow storms, extra work covering a sick colleague,   friends to stay...   So I put the sewing machine away and started a new knitting project.  Much less messy and easier to pick up and put down.

I'm hoping this childs beanie will fit as I never knit the test tension square - so sizing is a bit pot luck around here, as are the colours because I'm using up some of the  yarn scraps from this cot blanket I made while I was pregnant 5 yrs ago.


I'm thinking of adding a few crochet flowers like these ones here which I saw in Mollie Makes - the British Craft magazine I recently subscribed to , just need to learn how to crochet first - mm - maybe next week.

The only other new project was this little play cape from Growing up Sew Liberated by Meg McElwee, again scraps from my stash, this explains the silver hood with red velvet and cow print flannel combination.


Maybe next week will go to plan and I may fit some more sewing in  as I have a couple of projects from Growing up Sew Liberated I want to try.

2 comments:

The Hobbit said...

Please tell me I didn't read snow in your blog.....I had to check your profile to see where you are. Phew..not near New England, I'm breathing a little easier now. Hope you have a great week.

Ellen said...

The cot blanket looks interesting. You should join in the yarn along by small things. It's all about what you're knitting (or crocheting) and reading (not at the same time)!