Sunday, 3 July 2011

Apple Pot holder

I saw this cute pot holder pattern here at jolijou.blogspot.com a while ago and this evening finally got around to making myself one.  I really wanted patterned bias binding for it ( you know how it is - you get an idea in your mind what the finished item will look like and plain would just not do) so last week over the course of 3 days I made about 6 m of pattered bias - a tedious task if you ask me.  The pot mitt itself was easy but my machine was not so keen on the final bias down the middle - I used 2 layers of old blanket as padding in each 1/2 so I broke a needle sewing the 4 layers of blanket plus cotton.




Of course now I need two, because you never just need one pot holder when you get something out of the oven

2 comments:

The Hobbit said...

Oh how perfect for our apple festival. If I get in gear I can have these ready by then. Thanks for the heads-up it's adorable and useful. Yah, you need another

Megan said...

i am loving anything apples at the moment- might have to bookmark this pattern!