Monday, 6 June 2011

Queens Birthday weekend

Not a single finished project but worked on a few over the weekend.

Knitted  vest - aaahhh - taking soooo long is at the point I am sick of it and would now like to stop and make something else. But since I have now finished both the back and the front only the hood to go so I feel obliged to complete it - watch this space!


We also did some jobs around home that have been waiting a while, hanging the new blind in G's bedroom and installing a new panel wall heater instead of a free standing oil column one,  one very pleased little girl about the blinds - suitably pink and girly for her instead of old blue trade me curtains.


  I'm pretty happy too - the fabric is made by Saffron Craig,  an Australian designer which I bought from EarthGirl fabrics here, and Bolt of Cloth made it up for me here, they made a beautiful job as there is no repeat across the fabric so was hard to hide the seams as the window was wider than the fabric width. Also an extra bonus is that there is heaps of fabric left over so for cushions or something else?

The rest of the weekend was taken up with biking, walking by the river , playing with my camera and generally mucking around with a bit of inside time due to the bad weather. I read on flower press here some great photo posting and editing tips but can't seem to get my photos off flickr to my blog - apparently gives clearer images, so had to use blogger as usual - need to do a bit more reading to work this one out.








Hope you had a good weekend too.


No comments: