Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Day 3 of the KCWC and little red riding hood

The finished little red riding hood cape, I'm really happy with the way this turned out.  Not only does it justify the purchase of the Oliver and S book I got the pattern from but I also got to use the piece of liberty lawn for the lining that I have had  in my stash for years (literally - 15 at least!), just waiting for the right project.
While it is an easy pattern it actually took me about 4 hours from start to finish - lots of seams as 7 panels  and 3 for the hood, then you do the same for the lining.  I also top stitched the edge as with the felted wool it would not lie flat with just ironing in place.

For the button I got a vintage button from a local shop, makes it look quite retro I think. As you can see G is very happy with it, so hopefully it gets lots of wear this winter.


Phew - only day 3 of the sewing challenge and I think I have done 7hrs of sewing already ,so  I am running out of steam a bit.   I might try to get another pair of dortje pants made before the week ends but over several days. I have been watching a few other blogs and there progress - lots of lovely stuff being made.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ooh, it looks so lovely in the felted wool and that Liberty lining is very pretty. I'm wondering if you made the medium or large? I'm about to start one for my very lightly built 5 yo... I'm thinking that the large might swim on her if it fits up to a 10 yo. But your version looks like her size!